Fruits & Veggies Program
PAC will be taking part in the free Fruit & Vegetable Nutritional Program again this school year. The BC Ministries of Health, and Agriculture jointly fund this wonderful program. It is part of a province wide initiative to encourage healthy eating as part of active living amongst children. Fresh fruit and/or veggies arrive at Byng and are distributed to the classrooms by Parent Volunteers.
Thanks to the BC Dairy Farmers and funding from the provincial government, our primary students can also enjoy either milk or soy-milk, delivered in partnership with the Fruits & Veggies Program.
The fruits, veggies and milk are not meant to be a substitution for any students’ snacks or lunches, but as an addition to their nutrition on the day it is served. Upcoming fruits & veggies deliveries (note that these are estimated delivery dates only):
- September 21 - Mini Peppers
- October 5 - Bartlett Pears
- October 26 - Grape Tomatoes
- November 9 - Baby Carrots
- November 23 - Salish Apples
- December 7 - Mandarine Oranges
- February 1 - Mixed Organic Apples
- February 22 - Kiwifruit (BC)
- April 12 - Grape Tomatoes
- May 3 - Mini Peppers
- May 17 - Mini Cucumbers
- June 7 - Cabernet Red Tomatoes